80/20 principle

80/20 principle
Share

SIMONNE HOLM shares some practical tips on pH balance in the body and healthy eating.


Everything we eat influences our body’s pH balance. Consequently, it is important to find the right balance between acidic and alkaline food.

To achieve the correct balance, strive for a diet of 80% alkaline-forming foods and 20% acid-forming foods. In reality, most people are doing the exact opposite, eating 20% alkaline-forming foods and 80% acid-forming foods.

Raising your consciousness about what you eat is easy when you fill your plate so that acid-forming foods like meat, fish, potatoes, rice and pasta only take up 20% of what you eat. The remaining 80% of what you eat should be raw fresh vegetables and other alkaline foods. You need not concentrate on counting carbohydrates or cholesterol, as long as you follow the 20-80% principle of acid-alkaline balance.

Keep in mind, though, that we are each unique individuals with different bodily needs. We need to be our own best expert and begin to recognize our body’s true needs. You can eat as much alkaline-forming food as you like, as it contains important nutrients and has a low glycaemic index. Alkaline food is plantbased and contains proteins, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. The alkaline fruits and vegetables all have high water content and high levels of minerals, which increase the oxygen content of the body. An alkaline diet offers the optimal way to fully bring yourself back into balance from any disorder, be it physical, emotional or spiritual.

Using the balance principle, it is possible to create vibrant health, facilitate weight loss and slow the aging process at any stage in your life.


Eating 75% acidic food is common for most peoplethoughts-on-mind-75percentnew

  • Acidic foods that rob you of nutrients
  • low-quality processed, refined foods, nutrient-devoid, pre-packaged non-foods, fast foods, transfats, genetically modified and oxidising foods.
  • No nutrients to your body but a lot of stress, toxins and acid!
  • Low-quality processed foods: soda pop, sport drinks, fruit juices, dairy products, ice ceam, sugar, hydrogenated and trans fats, processed acidic meats, farmed salmon, MSG, yeast, sweeteners, canned foods, potato chips, fermented foods, sugars, highly processed white flours, GMOs, artificial sweeteners, diet anything, alcohol and more.


Eating 50/50% is a great start to your new healthy lifestyle

thoughts-on-mind-50percentnew

  • Adding fresh, unprocessed, raw foods is simply the key to health. It is what our body needs.
  • Let fresh, organic fruits, vegetables taking more than 50% of your plate.
  • Regain nutrients with: wholemeal spelt pasta, beans, lentils, millet, spelt, seeds, nuts & grains, quinoa, Himalaya salt, pure water, green vegetables, sprouts, wheatgrass, green drinks, almond milk, Omega oils, polyunsaturated oil, alkaline fruits and more.

 


Eating 80% alkaline food is the optimal balance for your health

thoughts-on-mind-80percent

  • High-energy, fresh, raw, organic, whole foods and breathing, exercise and meditation.
  • Live full rechared with: 70 to 80% high-energy, fresh, raw, alkaline, organic, whole foods, alkaline juices, smoothies, water and alkaline excersises. 20 to 30% cooked foods, fruits and other less alkaline foods. So choose your 20 to 30% carefully.

From Alkaline Smoothies, Juices, Soups and Desserts, 2016, reprinted with permission from the author.



Excerpt by SIMONNE HOLM



Recommended Posts

COLLECTORS' EDITION 2018